Wednesday, November 7, 2012

1st Pheasant!!!

We had come to North Dakota because we really wanted a pheasant. We quickly got my license, only having an hour till sundown. We drove around and got a little lost, so we just decided to walk a field. We had already passed through half of the field and were on our way back to the car. Suddenly a roaster got up right in front of me and arched to the left. I missed on the first shot but crumpled him on the second. Dad and Kali ran after and I just jumped up and down. I thought there was adrenaline when the bird got up, but when it's in your hand your body is practically vibrating. We got back to the car and took some pictures( much to Kali's dismay).
It has taken me two years, but now I finally got my bird and hopefully some more today.

2 comments: